Player driver for neobotix

Sebastian Rockel
Hello Player/Stage community,

I want to control a Neobotix robot platform (MP-L655) [0] with P/S.
Currently motor and (Sick) laser access is encapsulated via ethernet (proprietary) although direct hardware access should be also possible.

I am not yet sure if it is easier to access the hardware direct with a P/S driver or go through the ethernet interface. Anyway a Player driver needs to be developed, I guess.

So I would like to know if someone maybe wrote a driver for that platform (or any Neobotix platform and could provide sources)?

Furthermore is there maybe already a P/S driver for any networked (i.e. not locally connected) hardware available?

Any pointer and help would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Sebastian

[0] http://www.neobotix-roboter.de/automation-robotics-platforms.html

PGP.sig (210 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Player driver for neobotix

Geoffrey Biggs-3
I don't know about any Neobotix drivers, but in terms of
network-connected hardware, there are some options in Player. You can
use the Flexiport driver to provide the network connection, and have
your Neobotix driver subscribe to its opaque interface to get its data.
This would make your driver robust to changes in connection method: if
someone else wants to use your driver on a robot with a direct hardware
connection, they could just tell the Flexiport driver to connect over
serial (or whatever) instead of ethernet.

Geoff