Player/Stage compatibility

Toby Collett-10
Hi guys,
I noticed today while looking at updating my ubuntu PPA packages that
stage 4.0.1 will not build with the latest 'released' player since it
relies on a new part of the graphics 2d interface (MULTILINE). Is it
time for a Player 3.1 release?

Toby

Re: Player/Stage compatibility

Rich Mattes-2

There was a workaround in Stage's p_graphics.cc in a pull request I made a
long time ago.  It seems the #if defined statements have vanished though.  I
forgot to get in touch with Richard about this, but you can find the patched
p_graphics.cc at
https://github.com/jpgr87/Stage/blob/bde15d98f061a5efdc191dbce3f40abbb8466c5
2/libstageplugin/p_graphics.cc

I can make a pull request once I clean up my fork.

> Is it
> time for a Player 3.1 release?

Probably.  I was holding off until I had some time to make some improvements
like adding capability requests and properties.  Unfortunately, I don't see
myself having a lot of time to get that done anytime soon.  Since there have
been additions to the map, camera, and graphics2d interfaces, the next
release is going to have to be 3.1.0.  I will start making preparations this
week.

Re: Player/Stage compatibility

Toby Collett-3
Thanks for the patch, you have the code in one of the ifdefs
duplicated below it as well, but once I removed that I was able to
build the package. I have also rebuilt all the packages in my PPA for
natty as well (including stage 4.0.1 once it gets some time on the
ubuntu ppa build servers).

Toby