Player/Gazebo Controllers

Jason Allen-5
Hello,

Is there a tutorial for writing or adapting an existing controller,
specifically describing the interaction between the model described
by the worldfile and interfaces described by the player configuration
file and accessible through playerv?

I'm trying to adapt an existing controller (the steering_position2d
controller).  It appears as if the speed and steering are being read
and then written to each wheel, but the simplecar model won't move.
I can get the simplecar model to roll forward if I drop it onto a
ramp, but not through the position2d interface using playerv.

Regards,
J. C. Allen