Pan/tilt speed

Nicola Bellotto
Hi,
does anybody know the pan speed and the tilt speed of the Sony and the Canon
cameras, using the relative drivers?
Cheers,
Nicola

Nicola Bellotto
University of Essex
Department of Computer Science
Wivenhoe Park
Colchester CO4 3SQ
United Kingdom

Room: 1N1.2.8
Tel. +44 (0)1206 874094
E-Mail: [hidden email]

Re: Pan/tilt speed

Brian Gerkey

On Sep 14, 2005, at 11:18 AM, Nicola Bellotto wrote:

> does anybody know the pan speed and the tilt speed of the Sony and the
> Canon
> cameras, using the relative drivers?

Those drivers don't support velocity control or velocity reporting.
They only do absolute position control and report the unit's absolute
position.

I don't know whether the units themselves support these features.  If
they do, you could certainly add support into the driver(s).  The ptz
interface includes velocities in both data and command messages, and
you can look at the amtecpowercube and ptu46 drivers for examples of
drivers that have such support already.

        brian.

Re: Pan/tilt speed

Nicola Bellotto
On Saturday 17 Sep 2005 18:55, Brian Gerkey wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2005, at 11:18 AM, Nicola Bellotto wrote:
> > does anybody know the pan speed and the tilt speed of the Sony and the
> > Canon
> > cameras, using the relative drivers?
>
> Those drivers don't support velocity control or velocity reporting.
> They only do absolute position control and report the unit's absolute
> position.

Thanx, but I knew that :)
Indeed I was asking for the real speed of the camera, which should be a
constant (without considering the error due to the acceleration).
Nicola