Need help with simple tracking program for Player and Gazebo.

Need help with simple tracking program for Player and Gazebo.

Kefei Zeng

I have Gazebo 2.2.3, Player 3.1.0, and Ubuntu 14.04. After going through Gazebosim.org's sole tutorial on connecting with Player, I'm trying to write my own test program that simply track's a robot's position. The .world, .cfg, and .c files are here (

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7wsaex6fqv7wav/for_reddit.zip?dl=0). Now, the problem is that after launching all 3 of them, I get the following error message:

[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/message_lite.cc:123] Can't parse message of type "gazebo.msgs.Pose_V" because it is missing required fields: pose[0].position, pose[0].orientation

I've already posted this question to gazebosim.org a couple of days ago, but no one was able to come up with an answer. I think it might be the fact that Gazebo doesn't have position2d, but how would I fix this problem? I've been trying to go through the playerv package to see what I can find, but no luck so far. Thanks in advance for any help.