Laser pose from gazebo to player

Fred Labrosse
All,

I'm working on adding more functionality to gazebo so that the interface
to player is more feature rich!  I'm doing that to get a 3D simulator
working with player, while I still use player.

I'm working based on gazebo 8.

So far I have added the GPS, and that seems to work fine.

I have now modified the laser interface and most of the data is now
passed to player and a lasertoranger can make sense of it.  So (almost)
all good.

What is missing is the pose of the laser.  I might be wrong but it seems
that gazebo only has a world pose for the laser, not a pose relative to
whatever it is mounted to.

Anybody has any idea?  Have I missed something obvious?

Cheers,

Fred

Un o’r 4 prifysgol uchaf yn y DU a’r orau yng Nghymru am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr.
(Arolwg Cenedlaethol y Myfyrwyr 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk

Top 4 UK university and best in Wales for student satisfaction
(National Student Survey 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk

Re: Laser pose from gazebo to player

Toby Collett-3
What level of abstraction are you using for accessing the pose? The gazebo physical links should have a GetRelativePose() http://osrf-distributions.s3.amazonaws.com/gazebo/api/dev/classgazebo_1_1physics_1_1Entity.html#a20e0dee2e15afac1b8c9ffd102e80528

Otherwise you can do this yourself by fetching the parent model and its world pose...

- Toby

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 at 04:26 Fred Labrosse <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Toby,

Thank you for that.

The level of abstraction is whatever is accessible from the sensor data.
  I'll have a look at what you suggest but I don't known if this will be
accessible from the sensor.  I guess it must be at some level.

Cheers,

Fred

On 27/03/17 22:38, Toby Collett wrote:

> What level of abstraction are you using for accessing the pose? The
> gazebo physical links should have a
> GetRelativePose() http://osrf-distributions.s3.amazonaws.com/gazebo/api/dev/classgazebo_1_1physics_1_1Entity.html#a20e0dee2e15afac1b8c9ffd102e80528
>
> Otherwise you can do this yourself by fetching the parent model and its
> world pose...
>
> - Toby
>

> On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 at 04:26 Fred Labrosse <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     All,
>
>     I'm working on adding more functionality to gazebo so that the interface
>     to player is more feature rich!  I'm doing that to get a 3D simulator
>     working with player, while I still use player.
>
>     I'm working based on gazebo 8.
>
>     So far I have added the GPS, and that seems to work fine.
>
>     I have now modified the laser interface and most of the data is now
>     passed to player and a lasertoranger can make sense of it.  So (almost)
>     all good.
>
>     What is missing is the pose of the laser.  I might be wrong but it seems
>     that gazebo only has a world pose for the laser, not a pose relative to
>     whatever it is mounted to.
>
>     Anybody has any idea?  Have I missed something obvious?
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Fred
>

>     --------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Un o’r 4 prifysgol uchaf yn y DU a’r orau yng Nghymru am fodlonrwydd
>     myfyrwyr.
>     (Arolwg Cenedlaethol y Myfyrwyr 2016)
>     www.aber.ac.uk <http://www.aber.ac.uk>
>
>     Top 4 UK university and best in Wales for student satisfaction
>     (National Student Survey 2016)
>     www.aber.ac.uk <http://www.aber.ac.uk>

Un o’r 4 prifysgol uchaf yn y DU a’r orau yng Nghymru am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr.
(Arolwg Cenedlaethol y Myfyrwyr 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk

Top 4 UK university and best in Wales for student satisfaction
(National Student Survey 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk

Re: Laser pose from gazebo to player

Toby Collett-3

If you are using a gazebo plugin you should be able to get access, if you are relying on the published proto streams you might have less luck.