I Thought I Sent This Already - Gazebo/Player problems

I Thought I Sent This Already - Gazebo/Player problems

Kefei Zeng

After going through Gazebosim.org's sole tutorial on connecting with Player, I'm trying to write my own test program that simply track's a robot's position. The .world, .cfg, and .c files are here (

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7wsaex6fqv7wav/for_reddit.zip?dl=0). Now, the problem is that after launching all 3 of them, I get the following error message:

[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/message_lite.cc:123] Can't parse message of type "gazebo.msgs.Pose_V" because it is missing required fields: pose[0].position, pose[0].orientation

I've already posted this question to gazebosim.org a couple of days ago, but no one was able to come up with an answer. I think it might be the fact that Gazebo doesn't have position2d, but how would I fix this problem? I've been trying to go through the playerv package to see what I can find, but no luck so far. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: I Thought I Sent This Already - Gazebo/Player problems

Rich Mattes-2
On 11/16/2014 01:26 PM, Kefei Zeng wrote:

> After going through Gazebosim.org's sole tutorial on connecting with
> Player, I'm trying to write my own test program that simply track's a
> robot's position. The .world, .cfg, and .c files are here (
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7wsaex6fqv7wav/for_reddit.zip?dl=0)
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7wsaex6fqv7wav/for_reddit.zip?dl=0>. Now,
> the problem is that after launching all 3 of them, I get the following
> error message:
>
> |[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/message_lite.cc:123] Can't parse message of type "gazebo.msgs.Pose_V" because it is missing required fields: pose[0].position, pose[0].orientation
> |

> I've already posted this question to gazebosim.org a couple of days ago,
> but no one was able to come up with an answer. I think it might be the
> fact that Gazebo doesn't have position2d, but how would I fix this
> problem? I've been trying to go through the playerv package to see what
> I can find, but no luck so far. Thanks in advance for any help.

I just ran your configuration files, and I'm seeing the same issue.  I
think the problem is again in gazebo: it looks like the player interface
is subscribing to the ~/poses/info gazebo topic, and trying to parse
them as though they're pose_v messages.  but gztopic says that the
~/poses/info topic is actually gazebo.msgs.PosesStamped.  The gazebo
plugin needs to be updated to parse the messages correctly.  I'm working
on a fix now, and will submit a pull request to gazebo if I get
something working.

On 12/03/2014 08:25 PM, Rich Mattes wrote:

> On 11/16/2014 01:26 PM, Kefei Zeng wrote:
>> After going through Gazebosim.org's sole tutorial on connecting with
>> Player, I'm trying to write my own test program that simply track's a
>> robot's position. The .world, .cfg, and .c files are here (
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7wsaex6fqv7wav/for_reddit.zip?dl=0)
>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7wsaex6fqv7wav/for_reddit.zip?dl=0>. Now,
>> the problem is that after launching all 3 of them, I get the following
>> error message:
>>
>> |[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/message_lite.cc:123] Can't parse
>> message of type "gazebo.msgs.Pose_V" because it is missing required
>> fields: pose[0].position, pose[0].orientation
>> |

>> I've already posted this question to gazebosim.org a couple of days ago,
>> but no one was able to come up with an answer. I think it might be the
>> fact that Gazebo doesn't have position2d, but how would I fix this
>> problem? I've been trying to go through the playerv package to see what
>> I can find, but no luck so far. Thanks in advance for any help.
>>

> I just ran your configuration files, and I'm seeing the same issue.  I
> think the problem is again in gazebo: it looks like the player interface
> is subscribing to the ~/poses/info gazebo topic, and trying to parse
> them as though they're pose_v messages.  but gztopic says that the
> ~/poses/info topic is actually gazebo.msgs.PosesStamped.  The gazebo
> plugin needs to be updated to parse the messages correctly.  I'm working
> on a fix now, and will submit a pull request to gazebo if I get
> something working.
>
> Rich

Ok I got a fix for this issue submitted at [1].

Rich

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/osrf/gazebo/pull-request/1326/fixes-for-player-position2d-interface/diff