Quantcast

How Stage functions are called by player?

How Stage functions are called by player?

danny knoll
hello,
I have a player client which use the position2d interface to send messages to player server
with e.g. playerc_position2d_set_cmd_pose(...)
player have the stage plugin running,
but how is the communication working between player server and the stage plugin????
and is it possible to enhance it???
why player knows which functions to call in stage???
ok the is a *.cfg file which says ther is driver wich provides something
but where are the functions and the interface specified?

Re: How Stage functions are called by player?

Richard Vaughan-2
Stage has a Player plugin driver, implemented in the Stage source:

<Stage source>/libstageplugin/

- rtv

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 7:17 AM, danny knoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello,
> I have a player client which use the position2d interface to send messages
> to player server
> with e.g. playerc_position2d_set_cmd_pose(...)
> player have the stage plugin running,
> but how is the communication working between player server and the stage
> plugin????
> and is it possible to enhance it???
> why player knows which functions to call in stage???
> ok the is a *.cfg file which says ther is driver wich provides something
> but where are the functions and the interface specified?

Re: How Stage functions are called by player?

danny knoll
ah thx,
and how are new messages inserted in player???
for example:
in position2d there are messages like PLAYER_POSITION2D_CMD_VEL
wich passed by playerc_client_write()
e.g.
playerc_client_write(device->info.client, &device->info,
                              PLAYER_POSITION2D_CMD_VEL,
                              &cmd, NULL);

where are these messages like PLAYER_POSITION2D_CMD_VEL defined???
I found only a file "004_position2d.def" wich is  used in some makefiles.