Hinge2 HighStop lowStop

MML

Hinge2 HighStop lowStop

MML
This post was updated on .
Hi all

I am a pretty new user of both gazebo an linux - so let me know if i am doing something wrong with regards to posting and using nable.

anyways here is my question:
How do you set the high and low stop for a hinge2, for the axis2?

code:
<joint:hinge2 name="something_hinge">
  <body1>something2_body</body1>
  <body2>something_body</body2>
  <anchor>something_body</anchor>
  <anchorOffset>0 0.1 -0.05</anchorOffset>
  <axis1>1 0 0</axis1>
  <axis2>0 1 0</axis2>
    <lowStop1>-45</lowStop1>
    <highStop1>45</highStop1>
    <lowStop2>-45</lowStop2>
    <highStop2>45</highStop2>
  <erp>0.8</erp>
  <cfm>10e-5</cfm>
</joint:hinge2>

Which doesnt seem to work for axis2
But if i switch the axis like this:
  <axis1>0 1 0</axis1>
  <axis2>1 0 0</axis2>

it seems to work for axis1 - the one around the second axis <0 1 0>

if I use a normal hinge it also works...

I am using gazebo 0.8 pre 3 and a normal c++ program with gazebo.h included, on fedora 9 and using eclipse...
BTW. does anybody know how to get an overview of the updates in the code for gazebo - i have used google so far and it is a bit timeconsuming...

thanks for a great program and a great forum and please excuse my English as it is not my native tongue.

Re: Hinge2 HighStop lowStop

Nate Koenig-4
Hello,

The second axis of a hinge2 joint can't have limits. This is due to
ODE, see section 7.3.5 of the ODE manual
(http://ode.org/ode-latest-userguide.html).

Can you describe what you mean by "updates in the code". Do you want
descriptions of all the commits to SVN?

-nate

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:34 PM, MML <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am a pretty new user of both gazebo an linux - so let me know if i am
> doing something wrong with regards to posting and using nable.
>
> anyways here is my question:
> How do you set the high and low stop for a hinge2, for the axis2?
>
> code:
> <joint:hinge2 name="something_hinge">
>  <body1>something2_body</body1>
>  <body2>something_body</body2>
>  <anchor>something_body</anchor>
>  <anchorOffset>0 0.1 -0.05</anchorOffset>
>  <axis1>1 0 0</axis1>
>  <axis2>0 1 0</axis2>
>    <lowStop1>-45</lowStop1>
>    <highStop1>45</highStop1>
>    <lowStop2>-45</lowStop2>
>    <highStop2>45</highStop2>
>  <erp>0.8</erp>
>  <cfm>10e-5</cfm>
> </joint:hinge2>
>
> Which doesnt seem to work for axis2
> But if i switch the axis like this:
>  <axis1>0 1 0</axis1>
>  <axis2>1 0 0</axis2>
>
> it seems to work for axis1 - the one around the second axis <0 1 0>
>
> if I use a normal hinge it also works...
>
> I am using gazebo 0.8 pre 3 and a normal c++ program with gazebo.h included,
> on fedora 9 and using eclipse...
> BTW. does anybody know how to get an overview of the updates in the code for
> gazebo - i have used google so far and it is a bit timeconsuming...
>
> thanks for a great program and a great forum and please excuse my English as
> it is not my native tongue.
>
> -----
> Morten
MML

Re: Hinge2 HighStop lowStop

MML
Thanks!

So if you want to create a joint with more than one axis (and enable stops on all axis) the only way is to create 3 hinge joints in the same point?..

with regards to the "updates", yes i guess that is what I mean. Forexample i would like a mail like this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/playerstage-commit@lists.sourceforge.net/msg03318.html
So if that is the commits - yes.

Is this possible?

Again thanks
Kindly Morten

Nate Koenig-4 wrote

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:34 PM, MML <Morten_Lindahl@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am a pretty new user of both gazebo an linux - so let me know if i am
> doing something wrong with regards to posting and using nable.
>
> anyways here is my question:
> How do you set the high and low stop for a hinge2, for the axis2?
>
> code:
> <joint:hinge2 name="something_hinge">
>  <body1>something2_body</body1>
>  <body2>something_body</body2>
>  <anchor>something_body</anchor>
>  <anchorOffset>0 0.1 -0.05</anchorOffset>
>  <axis1>1 0 0</axis1>
>  <axis2>0 1 0</axis2>
>    <lowStop1>-45</lowStop1>
>    <highStop1>45</highStop1>
>    <lowStop2>-45</lowStop2>
>    <highStop2>45</highStop2>
>  <erp>0.8</erp>
>  <cfm>10e-5</cfm>
> </joint:hinge2>
>
> Which doesnt seem to work for axis2
> But if i switch the axis like this:
>  <axis1>0 1 0</axis1>
>  <axis2>1 0 0</axis2>
>
> it seems to work for axis1 - the one around the second axis <0 1 0>
>
> if I use a normal hinge it also works...
>
> I am using gazebo 0.8 pre 3 and a normal c++ program with gazebo.h included,
> on fedora 9 and using eclipse...
> BTW. does anybody know how to get an overview of the updates in the code for
> gazebo - i have used google so far and it is a bit timeconsuming...
>
> thanks for a great program and a great forum and please excuse my English as
> it is not my native tongue.
>
> -----
> Morten

Re: Hinge2 HighStop lowStop

Nate Koenig-4
Hello,

You can subscribe to the playerstage-commit mailing list, and this
will get you all the changes made to the SVN repository.

A chain of hinge joints might work. You could also use a hinge2 joint,
and enforce the joint limits manually (monitor the angles and force
the joint to stop when limits are reached).

-nate

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:38 AM, MML <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> if I use a normal hinge it also works...
>>>
>>> I am using gazebo 0.8 pre 3 and a normal c++ program with gazebo.h
>>> included,
>>> on fedora 9 and using eclipse...
>>> BTW. does anybody know how to get an overview of the updates in the code
>>> for
>>> gazebo - i have used google so far and it is a bit timeconsuming...
>>>
>>> thanks for a great program and a great forum and please excuse my English
>>> as
>>> it is not my native tongue.
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Morten
>>> --
>>> challenge
>>> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
>>> prizes
>>> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the

MML

Re: Hinge2 HighStop lowStop

MML
Thanks
Mailing list. That was exactly what I wanted:)

I think I will try the chain of hinge joints and see how that works, since what I am doing allready requires a lot of manually control...