Help With vfh and Wavefront...

Archit Garg
Could somebody help me out with writing a code for using the vfh driver. I have been trying a lot lately, however the program goes wrong at some place or the other.
I had created a cfg file as per instructed in the documentation. However, the problem (that I think is occurring) is in the Python code that I am trying to run, Could somebody please post a sample code (a basic one at that, just moving a bot from origin to a specified location). Please if you could provide a cfg and a world file as well, just to be sure where I am going wrong, although I don't think that is posing a problem.

Thanks
Archit

PS. I have been getting errors ranging from "Got nack from request" to "Segmentation fault, core dumped"... I am really confused...

Re: Help With vfh and Wavefront...

Elena Lazkano Ortega
Hi Archit,

could you tell me what version of player and stage are you using? we
made both, vfh and wavefront work (using libplayerc) but we had
different problems depending on the player and stage versions.
wavefront behaviour is rather weird but vfh is ok. Do you need only an
vfh example?

Elena

Quoting Archit Garg <[hidden email]>:

> Could somebody help me out with writing a code for using the vfh driver. I
> have been trying a lot lately, however the program goes wrong at some place
> or the other.
> I had created a cfg file as per instructed in the documentation. However,
> the problem (that I think is occurring) is in the Python code that I am
> trying to run, Could somebody please post a sample code (a basic one at
> that, just moving a bot from origin to a specified location). Please if you
> could provide a cfg and a world file as well, just to be sure where I am
> going wrong, although I don't think that is posing a problem.
>
> Thanks
> Archit
>
> PS. I have been getting errors ranging from "Got nack from request" to
> "Segmentation fault, core dumped"... I am really confused...

Re: Help With vfh and Wavefront...

Archit Garg
Sorry I forgot to mention, I am using Player 3.0.2  with Stage 3.2.2. It would be great if you could provide both vfh and Wavefront. And preferably a code written in Python, since I am most comfortable with it. Thanks in advance.
Regards
Archit