Quantcast

Height of Laser

Victor
How can I make it so that the laser is in the middle (vertically) of my robot?

I'm using the following sick_laser:

define sick_laser laser
(
  range_min 0.0
  range_max 8.0
  fov 180.0
  samples 361

  color "blue"
  size [ 0.14 0.14 0.01]
)

The code above attaches the laser on top of my robot, is there a way I can put the laser to the side of my robot instead?

Re: Height of Laser

Rich Mattes-2
On 01/18/2013 05:12 PM, Victor wrote:

> How can I make it so that the laser is in the middle (vertically) of my
> robot?
>
> I'm using the following sick_laser:
>
> define sick_laser laser
> (
>    range_min 0.0
>    range_max 8.0
>    fov 180.0
>    samples 361
>
>    color "blue"
>    size [ 0.14 0.14 0.01]
> )
>
> The code above attaches the laser on top of my robot, is there a way I can
> put the laser to the side of my robot instead?

You can give it a pose when you create it:

sick_laser( pose [ 0 0 0 0 ] )