HAVE_BOOST_THREAD redefined

Fred Labrosse
All,

I tend to use the autotools to configure my software packages and use boost
a lot.  To detect if boost is available, I use the scripts available from:

http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_boost_thread.html

(for the boost thread one).  This specific one defines HAVE_BOOST_THREAD if
that package is found, which I then end up having defined in my compilation
lines.  The problem is that player also defines this, and I therefore end up
with this defined twice, and I get loads for warnings telling me this has
been redefined.

I know these are only warnings, but I hate not dealing with warnings.  Any
idea how I can solve that?

Cheers,

Fred

P.S.  Should in fact player define PS_HAVE_BOOST_THREAD instead (to create
some kind of name space)?

Re: HAVE_BOOST_THREAD redefined

Rich Mattes-2
On 11/22/2013 05:46 AM, Fred Labrosse wrote:

> All,
>
> I tend to use the autotools to configure my software packages and use boost
> a lot.  To detect if boost is available, I use the scripts available from:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_boost_thread.html
>
> (for the boost thread one).  This specific one defines HAVE_BOOST_THREAD if
> that package is found, which I then end up having defined in my compilation
> lines.  The problem is that player also defines this, and I therefore end up
> with this defined twice, and I get loads for warnings telling me this has
> been redefined.
>
> I know these are only warnings, but I hate not dealing with warnings.  Any
> idea how I can solve that?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fred
>
> P.S.  Should in fact player define PS_HAVE_BOOST_THREAD instead (to create
> some kind of name space)?

I think it makes sense for Player to create its own namespace in
playerconfig.h, especially since you're seeing conflicts.  I will work
on prefixing the definitions in playerconfig.h with  PLAYER_ like you
suggested.