Quantcast

Grippers example

Vitalijs Komasilovs
Dear Player/Stage users,

I sincerely hope that this mailing list is still alive.

I have a problem with latest version of Stage (3.2.2, Player v3.0.0) and I can't find any solution on the Internet. I have created very simple simulation with single robot and an object. And now I want to allow robot manipulate this object. I have added gripper model to robot, set appropriate *_return parameters. But unfortunately robot still unable to pick up my object, it just hits it like a wall.

I will be very grateful if someone can provide very basic example how to use grippers. As I understand grippers where returned back in release 3.1.0
Or may be there is another way how to manipulate objects.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Vitalijs

P.S. Some code from my world file:

define object model (
color "DarkBlue"
size [0.1 0.1 0.2]
origin [0 0 0 0]
ranger_return 1
blob_return 1
gripper_return 1 # manual says that setting this to 1 will allow to grip object by gripper and even to push around by collisions (none of that works)
obstacle_return 1 # setting this to 0 also have no effect, robot just drives through it
)

define simple_robot position (
color "DarkGreen"
size [0.20 0.20 0.15]
drive "diff"
obstacle_return 1
gripper (
paddle_size [ 0.8 0.15 0.4 ]
paddle_state [ "open" "down" ]
autosnatch 0
pose [0.20 0 -0.20 0]
)
blobfinder (
colors_count 1
colors ["DarkBlue"]
)
)

simple_robot (
name "bot1"
)

object (
pose [2 2 0 0]
)

Re: Grippers example

Richard Vaughan-4
Does your Player client or Stage controller subscribe to the gripper?

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Vitalijs Komasilovs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Player/Stage users,
> I sincerely hope that this mailing list is still alive.
> I have a problem with latest version of Stage (3.2.2, Player v3.0.0) and I
> can't find any solution on the Internet. I have created very simple
> simulation with single robot and an object. And now I want to allow robot
> manipulate this object. I have added gripper model to robot, set appropriate
> *_return parameters. But unfortunately robot still unable to pick up my
> object, it just hits it like a wall.
> I will be very grateful if someone can provide very basic example how to use
> grippers. As I understand grippers where returned back in release 3.1.0
> Or may be there is another way how to manipulate objects.
> Thanks!
> Best regards,
> Vitalijs
> P.S. Some code from my world file:
> define object model (
> color "DarkBlue"
> size [0.1 0.1 0.2]
> origin [0 0 0 0]
> ranger_return 1
> blob_return 1
> gripper_return 1 # manual says that setting this to 1 will allow to grip
> object by gripper and even to push around by collisions (none of that works)
> obstacle_return 1 # setting this to 0 also have no effect, robot just drives
> through it
> )
> define simple_robot position (
> color "DarkGreen"
> size [0.20 0.20 0.15]
> drive "diff"
> obstacle_return 1
> gripper (
> paddle_size [ 0.8 0.15 0.4 ]
> paddle_state [ "open" "down" ]
> autosnatch 0
> pose [0.20 0 -0.20 0]
> )
> blobfinder (
> colors_count 1
> colors ["DarkBlue"]
> )
> )
> simple_robot (
> name "bot1"
> )
> object (
> pose [2 2 0 0]
> )

Richard Vaughan
Autonomy Lab / Computing Science / Simon Fraser University

Re: Grippers example

Vitalijs Komasilovs
Thank you for reply.
Currenty I'm testing my world configuration and I used playerv for it.
I subscribet for position2d (in order to drive the robot) and for
gripper. I was able to control robot as well as to open and close
gripper from playerv interface.
Does it makes sense if I'm using my own controller or Player's
hand-driven control?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Vitalijs

> From: Richard Vaughan <rtvaughan@gm...> - 2010-02-04 18:10
>
> Does your Player client or Stage controller subscribe to the gripper?
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Vitalijs Komasilovs <vitalijs.komasilovs@gm...> wrote:
> > Dear Player/Stage users,
> > I sincerely hope that this mailing list is still alive.
> > I have a problem with latest version of Stage (3.2.2, Player v3.0.0)

Re: Grippers example

harshit
can you please tell me how are you checking your world file with the help of playerv.
And if you are through with it can you post a simple program to use gripper.

Re: Grippers example

Vitalijs Komasilovs
Hey!

> can you please tell me how are you checking your world file with the help of playerv.
It is pretty simple:
- start player with simulated world
- start playerv utility
- subscribe to devices of interest
- play around with devices (e.g. drive robot, close/open gripper, check sensor input, etc).

> And if you are through with it can you post a simple program to use gripper.
Initial post is quite old. Grippers were working in Stage 4+, then broken again.
I'm using local fork of Stage 4.1.1 code for my needs with working grippers (based on this revision: https://github.com/rtv/Stage/commit/13e03ee0068d6dfc7384cff9ee1ff22272729985)
Not sure if they are working on most recent revision.

I have a testing example for Java Player client (see attachment), the idea should be similar for C/C++ too.
In example robot picks up object and carries it to destination (10 and 11 fiducial ids respectively).

Regards,
Vitālijs

can you please tell me how are you checking your world file with the help of
playerv.
And if you are through with it can you post a simple program to use gripper.

Main.java (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Grippers example

Dr. Kevin Nickels
Grippers are also covered in Section 5.4.6 of "How to Use Player/Stage" by Jenny Owen (with some help from me) - available at https://github.com/jennyhasahat/Player-Stage-Manual - along with a C++ example.

--kn

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Vitalijs Komasilovs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey!

> can you please tell me how are you checking your world file with the help of playerv.
It is pretty simple:
- start player with simulated world
- start playerv utility
- subscribe to devices of interest
- play around with devices (e.g. drive robot, close/open gripper, check sensor input, etc).

> And if you are through with it can you post a simple program to use gripper.
Initial post is quite old. Grippers were working in Stage 4+, then broken again.
I'm using local fork of Stage 4.1.1 code for my needs with working grippers (based on this revision: https://github.com/rtv/Stage/commit/13e03ee0068d6dfc7384cff9ee1ff22272729985)
Not sure if they are working on most recent revision.

I have a testing example for Java Player client (see attachment), the idea should be similar for C/C++ too.
In example robot picks up object and carries it to destination (10 and 11 fiducial ids respectively).

Regards,
Vitālijs

can you please tell me how are you checking your world file with the help of
playerv.
And if you are through with it can you post a simple program to use gripper.

Kevin Nickels <[hidden email]>
http://www.trinity.edu/knickels 210-999-7543
Associate Professor, Engineering Science, Trinity University
Center for Sciences and Innovation (CSI), Rm 407Q, San Antonio TX 78212-7200

Re: Grippers example

harshit
I could not include Fiducial in my config file , it is giving me the following error,

stage plugin:  6665.fiducial.0 is warn: Request for unused model of type fiducial failed (/home/harshit_pro/src/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstage/model.cc GetUnusedModelOfType)
 ERROR! no model available for this device. Check your world and config files.

please let me know the corrections...

Hey!