Quantcast

Getting error with wavefront

Punit Mittal
Hello,

I am trying to use the wavefront driver to do global path planning as per the manual on player-3.0.2 and stage-3.2.2.I combined the mapfile, amcl, vfh and the wavefront  driver and player works fine. My cfg file base.cfg. and my basic code for navigating a robot is as follows..

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
using namespace PlayerCc;

double forwardSpeed, turnSpeed;

PlayerClient robot("localhost");
Position2dProxy pp(&robot,0);
PlannerProxy plp(&robot, 0);
pp.SetMotorEnable(1);
pp.RequestGeom();
robot.Read();
plp.SetGoalPose(3.0, -6.0, 0.0);
printf("\n%d",plp.GetPathValid());
printf("\n%d",plp.GetPathDone());
plp.RequestWaypoints();
return 0;
}

But when i run  this code , following error has displayed..

..... Stage plugin:  6665.position2d.0 is "r0"
 Stage plugin:  6665.sonar.0 is "r0.ranger:0"
 Stage plugin:  6665.laser.0 is "r0.laser:0"
base.cfg:42 warning: field [safety_dist] is defined but not used
listening on 6665
Listening on ports: 6665
accepted TCP client 0 on port 6665, fd 11
stage driver setup
warn: Stage ignores motor power state (1) (/home/punit/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstageplugin/p_position.cc ProcessMessage)

robot radius: 0.190
MapFile loading image file: /home/punit/Stage-3.2.2-Source/worlds/bigbob/./box.png...Done.
MapFile read a 640 X 480 map, at 0.100 m/pix
Wavefront: Loading map from map:0...
scale: 0.100
Generating C-space....
Done.
new goal: 3.000000, -6.000000, 0.000000
closing TCP connection to client 0 on port 6665
warning : Wavefront missed deadline and not sleeping; check machine load
Stage driver has been shutdown

Does anyone have a clue why this error message comes ? I m very new to player/stage

Thanx in advance

Re: Getting error with wavefront

Rich Mattes-2

http://old.nabble.com/file/p34882277/base.cfg base.cfg . and my basic code
[...]

What error?  Is the Player server crashing?  I see some warnings, but no errors.  I think part of the problem is your client program just sets a waypoint and then exits.  When your client exits, Player shuts down all of its drivers since none of them are in use.  You should modify it to loop until your robot reaches its goal, or use the "alwayson" flag in your config file.

Re: Getting error with wavefront

Punit Mittal
This post was updated on .

sorry for previous mail...
now, i have change the my code which as follows
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
using namespace PlayerCc;

PlayerClient robot("localhost");
Position2dProxy pp(&robot,0);
PlannerProxy plp(&robot, 0);
SonarProxy sonarProxy(&robot,0);
SimulationProxy simProxy(&robot,0);
pp.RequestGeom();
sonarProxy.RequestGeom();
plp.SetEnable(1);
robot.Read();
plp.SetGoalPose(3.0, 6.0, 0.0);
plp.RequestWaypoints();

        while(true)
        {
                robot.Read();
                printf("\n%d",plp.GetPathValid());
                printf("\n%d",plp.GetPathDone());
                plp.RequestWaypoints();

        }

return 0;
}

now my robot is moving but not to goal point, it is moving here and there, and terminal showing same warning
warning : Wavefront missed deadline and not sleeping; check machine load

and after some time another line is displayed i.e.
global path not in local region
Wavefront: local plan failed

while playernav showing right path..
please guide me..what i am doing worng
thank you

Rich Mattes-2 wrote
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Punit mittal <punit.mittal06@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the wavefront driver to do global path planning as per
> the manual on player-3.0.2 and stage-3.2.2.I combined the mapfile, amcl,
> vfh
> and the wavefront  driver and player works fine. My cfg file
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p34882277/base.cfg base.cfg . and my basic code
> for navigating a robot is as follows..
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
> using namespace PlayerCc;
>
> double forwardSpeed, turnSpeed;
>
> PlayerClient robot("localhost");
> Position2dProxy pp(&robot,0);
> PlannerProxy plp(&robot, 0);
> pp.SetMotorEnable(1);
> pp.RequestGeom();
> robot.Read();
> plp.SetGoalPose(3.0, -6.0, 0.0);
> printf("\n%d",plp.GetPathValid());
> printf("\n%d",plp.GetPathDone());
> plp.RequestWaypoints();
> return 0;
> }
>
> But when i run  this code , following error has displayed..
>

> ..... Stage plugin:  6665.position2d.0 is "r0"
>  Stage plugin:  6665.sonar.0 is "r0.ranger:0"
>  Stage plugin:  6665.laser.0 is "r0.laser:0"
> base.cfg:42 warning: field [safety_dist] is defined but not used
> listening on 6665
> Listening on ports: 6665
> accepted TCP client 0 on port 6665, fd 11
> stage driver setup
> warn: Stage ignores motor power state (1)
> (/home/punit/Stage-3.2.2-Source/libstageplugin/p_position.cc
> ProcessMessage)
>
> robot radius: 0.190
> MapFile loading image file:
> /home/punit/Stage-3.2.2-Source/worlds/bigbob/./box.png...Done.
> MapFile read a 640 X 480 map, at 0.100 m/pix
> Wavefront: Loading map from map:0...
> scale: 0.100
> Generating C-space....
> Done.
> new goal: 3.000000, -6.000000, 0.000000
> closing TCP connection to client 0 on port 6665
> warning : Wavefront missed deadline and not sleeping; check machine load
> Stage driver has been shutdown
>
> Does anyone have a clue why this error message comes ? I m very new to
> player/stage

What error?  Is the Player server crashing?  I see some warnings, but no
errors.  I think part of the problem is your client program just sets a
waypoint and then exits.  When your client exits, Player shuts down all of
its drivers since none of them are in use.  You should modify it to loop
until your robot reaches its goal, or use the "alwayson" flag in your
config file.

How one robot get the id and position of other robot and how they can communicate

Punit Mittal
Hello everybody

    I am punit mittal... i am working on a project "Multi robot task allocation" and i am successfully implement Nearest First swarm algorithm.  Now I want to reduce interference between 2 robots. Interference occur when two robots going to same location. So, for this, robots should communicate with other. they should send their position and power (remaining) to other robots. so that I can decide priority of robots for reducing interference. and also how i can use Power proxy in player3.0.2/stage3.2.2 and what driver should use for power proxy...
   If any one have solution for this please tell me...
Thank you