Gazebo

John O'Hollaren
Hey,

I am having some trouble running the gazebo examples, and was
wondering if anyone could help. When I run:

[root@localhost gazebo]# gazebo /usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds/
pioneer2dx.world

The following pops up:

gazebo: error while loading shared libraries: libgazebo.so: cannot

my libgazebo.so is located at /home/John/gazebo/libgazebo/
libgazebo.so. I ran into several problems trying to fix this by
altering my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which I learned after some forum
searching may not be the best way to go about this. If it makes a
difference, I had just previously altered my gazeborc file according to
http://www.mail-archive.com/playerstage-gazebo@.../msg00851.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John

MML

Re: Gazebo

MML
This post was updated on .
I am not sure but my guess would be you didn't export the lib path...

added to your etc/.bashrc script...

check this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/playerstage-gazebo@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01166.html

and here is a link to an installation guide I used:
http://www.irobotics.org/gazebo08.html
in there it is more specified how to export the lib paths...

Ehh this is assuming you are using fedora 9...

Hope that helps...

John O'Hollaren wrote

http://www.mail-archive.com/playerstage-gazebo@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00851.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Re: Gazebo

vladimir-54
try with the gazebo.rc file, I don't have the syntax here but in Google
you can find it.
John O'Hollaren escribió:

> Hey,
>
> I am having some trouble running the gazebo examples, and was
> wondering if anyone could help. When I run:
>
> [root@localhost gazebo]# gazebo /usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds/
> pioneer2dx.world
>
> The following pops up:
>
> gazebo: error while loading shared libraries: libgazebo.so: cannot
>
> my libgazebo.so is located at /home/John/gazebo/libgazebo/
> libgazebo.so. I ran into several problems trying to fix this by
> altering my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which I learned after some forum
> searching may not be the best way to go about this. If it makes a
> difference, I had just previously altered my gazeborc file according to
> http://www.mail-archive.com/playerstage-gazebo@.../msg00851.html
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> John

************************************
ING. Félix Vladimir Roldán Jiménez
.Universidad de Oriente
.Facultad de Ing. Eléctrica
.Departamento de Control Automático
.Usuario Linux # 352492
.www.uo.edu.cu

Re: Gazebo

Vineet_b
I am getting exactly the same error.
I installed all the pre-requisites and Gazebo build installation had no issues.

What exactly are we supposed to do the the gazeborc file?

Thanks,
Vineet

vladimir-54 wrote

************************************
ING. Félix Vladimir Roldán Jiménez
.Universidad de Oriente
.Facultad de Ing. Eléctrica
.Departamento de Control Automático
.Usuario Linux # 352492
.www.uo.edu.cu

Re: Gazebo

Jordi Polo Carrés
There is a new build system in place now.
Also I think it will be easier to locate the libraries if they are actually
installed (make install now)

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Vineet_b <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am getting exactly the same error.
> I installed all the pre-requisites and Gazebo build installation had no
> issues.
>
> What exactly are we supposed to do the the gazeborc file?
>
> Thanks,
> Vineet
>

> vladimir-54 wrote:
> >
> > try with the gazebo.rc file, I don't have the syntax here but in Google
> > you can find it.
> > John O'Hollaren escribió:
> >> Hey,
> >>
> >> I am having some trouble running the gazebo examples, and was
> >> wondering if anyone could help. When I run:
> >>
> >> [root@localhost gazebo]# gazebo /usr/local/share/gazebo/worlds/
> >> pioneer2dx.world
> >>
> >> The following pops up:
> >>
> >> gazebo: error while loading shared libraries: libgazebo.so: cannot
> >> open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >>
> >> my libgazebo.so is located at /home/John/gazebo/libgazebo/
> >> libgazebo.so. I ran into several problems trying to fix this by
> >> altering my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which I learned after some forum
> >> searching may not be the best way to go about this. If it makes a
> >> difference, I had just previously altered my gazeborc file according to
> >>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/playerstage-gazebo@.../msg00851.html
> >>
> >> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >> Thanks,
> >> John

> >> challenge
> >> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
> >> prizes
> >> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
> >> world
> >> http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
> >>

> > --
> > ************************************
> > ING. Félix Vladimir Roldán Jiménez
> > .Universidad de Oriente
> > .Facultad de Ing. Eléctrica
> > .Departamento de Control Automático
> > .Usuario Linux # 352492
> > .www.uo.edu.cu
> > challenge
> > Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
> > prizes
> > Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
> > world

Jordi Polo Carres
NLP laboratory - NAIST
http://www.bahasara.org