Gazebo error: camera initialization failed: no rendering context

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gazebo error: camera initialization failed: no rendering context

Repiphany
Hey,

I just installed Gazebo on my HP/Compaq nx9600(Pentium 4) with an ATI
Mobility Radeon X300.  I was originally having trouble getting the
gazebo stuff to render(just a gray/black screen), but after getting
direct rendering working with the Ubuntu packages for the ati drivers,
I now get the error below.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan


-------------------------------console
output------------------------------------

isek@isek:~$ gazebo /usr/share/gazebo/worlds/example.world
** Gazebo 0.5.2 **
* Part of the Player/Stage Project [http://playerstage.sourceforge.net].
* Copyright 2000-2005 Brian Gerkey, Richard Vaughan, Andrew Howard,
* Nate Koenig and contributors.
* Released under the GNU General Public License.
using display [:0.0]
error   : camera initialization failed: no rendering context
Initialization failed

---------------------fglrxinfo output (verbose output
attached)--------------------

isek@isek:~$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: MOBILITY RADEON X300 Generic
OpenGL version string: 1.3.5272 (X4.3.0-8.16.20)


----------------------------------------------------------------------


Attached:

glxinfo.txt - glxinfo output

fglrxinfo.txt - fglrxinfo -v output

example.world - The world I'm using

xorg.conf - The xorg.conf file I'm using

glxinfo.txt (4K) Download Attachment
fglrxinfo.txt (8K) Download Attachment
example.world.txt (1K) Download Attachment
xorg.conf.txt (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gazebo error: camera initialization failed: no rendering context

Repiphany
Hey,

Sorry for all the excess info.

In my last post I was using the gazebo release(.5?), but I've switched
to cvs to get around the buffer size error( gray screen, and lots of
errors in the console).  I still get the rendering context error, and
pbdemo/pbinfo from the Mesa CVS gives me the following:

$ ./pbdemo 256 256 `locate teapot.ppm`
Error: pbuffers not available on this screen
$ ./pbinfo
Error: glxGetFBConfigs failed

I've attached the .gazebo file (as gazebo.txt) showing the results of
a few different executtions.

Any idea how to get these pbuffer thingys to work?

Thanks,
Ryan

gazebo.txt (20K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Gazebo error: camera initialization failed: no rendering context

Nate Koenig
Hello,

You have an ATI card, which doesn't support pbuffers. Please read the
documentation:

http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/doc/Gazebo-manual-0.5-html/gazebo_opengl.html

-nate

On 11/27/05, Repiphany <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Sorry for all the excess info.
>
> In my last post I was using the gazebo release(.5?), but I've switched
> to cvs to get around the buffer size error( gray screen, and lots of
> errors in the console).  I still get the rendering context error, and
> pbdemo/pbinfo from the Mesa CVS gives me the following:
>
> $ ./pbdemo 256 256 `locate teapot.ppm`
> Error: pbuffers not available on this screen
> $ ./pbinfo
> Error: glxGetFBConfigs failed
>
> I've attached the .gazebo file (as gazebo.txt) showing the results of
> a few different executtions.
>
> Any idea how to get these pbuffer thingys to work?
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan
>
>
>


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
<a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Gazebo error: camera initialization failed: no rendering context

Repiphany
Nate,

Thanks for the documentation, but I was wondering what page links to
this document?  I looked through the gazebo documentation fairly
thoroughly(I thought), and I didn't find a link to this anywhere.

Also, where does the problem of pbuffer support lie?  The cards
themselves are surely able, correct?  I'm assuming the drivers just
haven't implemented them yet?

-Ryan

On 11/28/05, Nate Koenig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You have an ATI card, which doesn't support pbuffers. Please read the
> documentation:
>
> http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/doc/Gazebo-manual-0.5-html/gazebo_opengl.html
>
> -nate
>
> On 11/27/05, Repiphany <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Sorry for all the excess info.
> >
> > In my last post I was using the gazebo release(.5?), but I've switched
> > to cvs to get around the buffer size error( gray screen, and lots of
> > errors in the console).  I still get the rendering context error, and
> > pbdemo/pbinfo from the Mesa CVS gives me the following:
> >
> > $ ./pbdemo 256 256 `locate teapot.ppm`
> > Error: pbuffers not available on this screen
> > $ ./pbinfo
> > Error: glxGetFBConfigs failed
> >
> > I've attached the .gazebo file (as gazebo.txt) showing the results of
> > a few different executtions.
> >
> > Any idea how to get these pbuffer thingys to work?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ryan
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
> for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
> <a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&opclick">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&opclick
> _______________________________________________
> Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo
>


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
<a href="http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click">http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_idv37&alloc_id865&op=click
_______________________________________________
Playerstage-gazebo mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/playerstage-gazebo