Gazebo and Scons

Jim Summers-2
Hello All,

I am trying to get the svn version of gazebo compiled.  I check out the
latest revision.  When I try the scons commands I get an error about no
SConstruct file.  I have not figured out a way to generate one?

Here is the output on the console:
===
Checked out revision 7727.
root@di:/opt# cd gazebo/
root@di:/opt/gazebo# ls
AUTHORS    cmake           doc        manual  pioneer2dx.py  README
      TODO
build.py   CMakeLists.txt  examples   Media   player release-notes.html
  webgazebo
ChangeLog  config.h.in     libgazebo  NEWS    player_cfgs    server
      worlds
root@di:/opt/gazebo# scons

scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Script/Main.py", line 825, in _main
===

The scons version is 0.97 from the ubuntu repositories.  I am building
on a Ubuntu 8.04 machine.

Ideas / Suggestions?

TIA
--
Jim Summers
Computer Science - University of Oklahoma

Re: Gazebo and Scons

VeloSol
While I am no longer actively working with gazebo, I believe they have moved
to cmake as a build system in the SVN version (and the docs don't yet
reflect that).

Good luck!

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Jim Summers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to get the svn version of gazebo compiled.  I check out the
> latest revision.  When I try the scons commands I get an error about no
> SConstruct file.  I have not figured out a way to generate one?
>
> Here is the output on the console:
> ===
> Checked out revision 7727.
> root@di:/opt# cd gazebo/
> root@di:/opt/gazebo# ls
> AUTHORS    cmake           doc        manual  pioneer2dx.py  README
>      TODO
> build.py   CMakeLists.txt  examples   Media   player release-notes.html
>  webgazebo
> ChangeLog  config.h.in     libgazebo  NEWS    player_cfgs    server
>      worlds
> root@di:/opt/gazebo# scons
>
> scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
> File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Script/Main.py", line 825, in _main
> ===
>
> The scons version is 0.97 from the ubuntu repositories.  I am building
> on a Ubuntu 8.04 machine.
>
> Ideas / Suggestions?
>
> TIA
> --
> Jim Summers
> Computer Science - University of Oklahoma

Re: Gazebo and Scons

John Hsu-2
Hi Jim,
Gazebo svn now uses cmake, please see the README file in trunk for
installation instructions as of revision 7756.
Thanks,
John