Gazebo Install

Summers, James B. II
Hello All,

I am trying to get the svn version of gazebo compiled.  I check out the
latest revision.  When I try the scons commands I get an error about no
SConstruct file.  I have not figured out a way to generate one?

Here is the output on the console:
===
Checked out revision 7727.
root@di:/opt# cd gazebo/
root@di:/opt/gazebo# ls
AUTHORS    cmake           doc        manual  pioneer2dx.py  README
  TODO
build.py   CMakeLists.txt  examples   Media   player release-notes.html
  webgazebo
ChangeLog  config.h.in     libgazebo  NEWS    player_cfgs    server
  worlds
root@di:/opt/gazebo# scons

scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Script/Main.py", line 825, in _main
===

The scons version is 0.97 from the ubuntu repositories.  I am building
on a Ubuntu 8.04 machine.

Ideas / Suggestions?

TIA
--
Jim Summers
Computer Science - University of Oklahoma