Gazebo CMAKE cannot find FreeImage.h

Brock Woolf-2
Hi,

I am trying to install Gazebo under Mac OS X 10.6.

I installed ODE using macports, which CMake for Gazebo finds,
however FreeImage 3.12.0 is not found when I tried using Macports.

It states that it wants FreeImage version 3.10.0, which I have compiled from source,
and when I do this in code, Xcode cannot find the FreeImage header:

#include <FreeImage.h>

This is what happens when I try to build Gazebo (it finds ODE okay, but cannot see FreeImage):

Phase:gazebo-0.9.0 brock$ cd build/
Phase:build brock$ ls
Phase:build brock$ cmake ..
-- Gazebo version 0.9.0
-- ====== Finding 3rd Party Packages ======
-- Operating system is Apple MacOS X
-- checking for module 'ode>=0.10.1'
--   found ode, version 0.11.1
-- checking for module 'freeimage>=3.10.0'
--   package 'freeimage>=3.10.0' not found
--   freeimage.pc not found, trying freeimage_include_dir and freeimage_library_dir flags.
CMake Error at cmake/FindFreeimage.cmake:30 (MESSAGE):
    Invalid FreeImage Version. Requires 3.10.0
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/SearchForStuff.cmake:8 (INCLUDE)
  CMakeLists.txt:72 (INCLUDE)

Running the GUI version of CMake gives me the same error:

CMake Error at cmake/FindFreeimage.cmake:30 (MESSAGE):
    Invalid FreeImage Version. Requires 3.10.0
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/SearchForStuff.cmake:8 (INCLUDE)
  CMakeLists.txt:72 (INCLUDE)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Brock

Re: Gazebo CMAKE cannot find FreeImage.h

Matt Oates
Hi Brock,

Brock Woolf <brock.woolf@...> writes:

> It states that it wants FreeImage version 3.10.0, which I have compiled from
source,

Did you resolve this problem. I have the exact same thing on OSX 10.6 apart from
its asking for >=3.9 and I have 3.13 from macports... Kind of annoying, I'm
going to try and just do a symbolic link and see what happens.

Cheers for any pointers you can give.

Matt.