GET_POSE2D warning

Elizabeth Liao
I've just upgraded from stage 1.6.2/player 1.6.4 to stage
2.0.0a/player1.6.5.  In my old setup, I was running stage (with
fakelocalize providing localize:0) and using playernav to visualize the
planning.  For the new version, I tried running the file below, with
wavefront providing planner:0 and fakelocalize providing localize:0 and I
get the following warning:

MapFile loading image file:
/home/ember/repos/ps_timing/stage-2.0.0a/worlds/./bitmaps/cave.png...Done.
MapFile read a 500 X 500 map, at 0.030 m/pix
warn: GET_POSE2D request is wrong size (1/77 bytes)
  (p_simulation.cc Configure)

Any help is appreciated. The config file that I used is below and was
modified from an old post.

Thanks.

Liz

# load the Stage plugin simulation driver
driver
(
   name "stage"
   provides ["simulation:0"]
   plugin "libstageplugin"

   # load the named file into the simulator
   worldfile "simple.world"
)

driver
(
   name "stage"
   provides ["odometry::position:1"]
   model "robot1"
)
driver
(
   name "stage"
   provides ["laser:0"]
   model "robot1"
)

# Load the map for localization and planning from the same image file,
# and specify the correct resolution (a 500x500 pixel map at 15m x 15m
# is 0.03 m / pixel resolution).
driver
(
   name "mapfile"
   provides ["map:0"]
   filename "bitmaps/cave.png"
   resolution 0.03
   negate 1
)

driver(  name "fakelocalize"  provides ["localize:0"]
    requires ["6665:simulation:0"] model "robot1")

driver
(
   name "vfh"
   provides ["position:0"]
   requires ["position:1" "laser:0"]
   safety_dist_0ms 0.1
   safety_dist_1ms 0.2
   distance_epsilon 0.3
   max_speed 1.0
   max_turnrate_0ms 50
   max_turnrate_1ms 50
   angle_epsilon 5
)
driver
(
   name "wavefront"
   provides ["planner:0"]
   requires ["position:0" "localize:0" "map:0"]
   safety_dist 0.15
   distance_epsilon 0.5
   angle_epsilon 10
)

VFH Config Options

Julian Hoare

Hi all,

I have just upgraded player to 1.6.5 from 1.6.2 and I have noticed that the
config options for the vfh driver have changed somewhat.

Below is what I pulled from vfh.cc

  double cell_size;
  int window_diameter;
  int sector_angle;
  double safety_dist_0ms;
  double safety_dist_1ms;
  int max_speed;
  int max_speed_narrow_opening;
  int max_speed_wide_opening;
  int max_acceleration;
  int min_turnrate;
  int max_turnrate_0ms;
  int max_turnrate_1ms;
  double min_turn_radius_safety_factor;
  double free_space_cutoff_0ms;
  double obs_cutoff_0ms;
  double free_space_cutoff_1ms;
  double obs_cutoff_1ms;
  double weight_desired_dir;
  double weight_current_dir;

The documentation has not been updated, so I was wondering if someone could
tell me what the significance of the "0ms" and "1ms" are on some of the
options?

I'm also assuming that units are still in metres, seconds and degrees?

Cheers,

Julian

Re: VFH Config Options

Brian Gerkey
Julian Hoare wrote:

> I have just upgraded player to 1.6.5 from 1.6.2 and I have noticed that the
> config options for the vfh driver have changed somewhat.

> The documentation has not been updated, so I was wondering if someone could
> tell me what the significance of the "0ms" and "1ms" are on some of the
> options?

Yep, those docs are out of date.  I opened a bug to remind myself to fix
them:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1252299&group_id=42445&atid=433164

but haven't gotten around to it yet.

For vfh, the parameters foo_0ms and foo_1ms specify the value of foo as
a linear function of translational velocity.  For example,
safety_dist_0ms is the safety distance used when the robot is traveling
at 0 m/s (i.e., not moving) and safety_dist_1ms is the safety distance
used when the robot is traveling at 1 m/s.  The safety distance for any
other velocity is interpolated (or extrapolated) from these two points,
which define a line.

Then, for example, you can specify a smaller safety distance at lower
speeds, and a larger safety distance at higher speeds.

> I'm also assuming that units are still in metres, seconds and degrees?

By default, yes, though you can change the units used for lengths and
angles in your .cfg file with the "unit_length" and "unit_angle"
options.  Look here for more info:

http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/doc/Player-current/player-html/configfile.php

        brian.

--