Fw: Re: scons for gazebo

kusemono
could be it the problem ? thanks..
----------
Checking for C++ library ltdl... (cached) no
Warning: Failed to find ltdl, no plugin support will be included
---------
---------
server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc: In static member function 'static void
gazebo::OgreCreator::DrawGrid()':
server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc:460: error: cannot allocate an object of
abstract type 'MovableText'
server/rendering/MovableText.hh:36: note:   because the following virtual
functions are pure within 'MovableText':
/usr/local/include/OGRE/OgreMovableObject.h:485: note: virtual void
Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor*, bool)
server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc:508: error: cannot allocate an object of
abstract type 'MovableText'
server/rendering/MovableText.hh:36: note:   since type 'MovableText' has
pure virtual functions
scons: *** [server/rendering/OgreCreator.o] Error 1

Re: Fw: Re: scons for gazebo

Nate Koenig
The problem is a version mismatch between gazebo and Ogre.

If you are running gazebo from SVN, then you need Ogre 1.6
if you are running gazebo 0.8-pre3 then you need Ogre 1.4.9

-nate

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:51 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> could be it the problem ? thanks..
> ----------
> Checking for C++ library ltdl... (cached) no
> Warning: Failed to find ltdl, no plugin support will be included
> ---------
> ---------
> server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc: In static member function 'static void
> gazebo::OgreCreator::DrawGrid()':
> server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc:460: error: cannot allocate an object of
> abstract type 'MovableText'
> server/rendering/MovableText.hh:36: note:   because the following virtual
> functions are pure within 'MovableText':
> /usr/local/include/OGRE/OgreMovableObject.h:485: note:  virtual void
> Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor*, bool)
> server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc:508: error: cannot allocate an object of
> abstract type 'MovableText'
> server/rendering/MovableText.hh:36: note:   since type 'MovableText' has
> pure virtual functions
> scons: *** [server/rendering/OgreCreator.o] Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.

HumAnSkid
I have run into the same problem as kusemono. I have confirmed that I am running Ogre 1.6 and am trying to install gazebo-svn (checked-out version 7021). Have there been any developments/solutions regarding this issue? Could it be a video driver issue? I am running a Nvidia GEForce 8600M graphics card using Envy to install the Ubuntu-supported drivers. I am still new to linux and have resorted to the trial-and-error method of installing-uninstalling packages using sudo apt-get install as well as synaptic, but I have no real understanding of which direction I should head with respect to properly installing the Gazebo software. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-HumAnSkid

kusemono wrote
could be it the problem ? thanks..
----------
Checking for C++ library ltdl... (cached) no
Warning: Failed to find ltdl, no plugin support will be included
---------
---------
server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc: In static member function 'static void
gazebo::OgreCreator::DrawGrid()':
server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc:460: error: cannot allocate an object of
abstract type 'MovableText'
server/rendering/MovableText.hh:36: note:   because the following virtual
functions are pure within 'MovableText':
/usr/local/include/OGRE/OgreMovableObject.h:485: note: virtual void
Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor*, bool)
server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc:508: error: cannot allocate an object of
abstract type 'MovableText'
server/rendering/MovableText.hh:36: note:   since type 'MovableText' has
pure virtual functions
scons: *** [server/rendering/OgreCreator.o] Error 1

> i have installed 1.6 version. directly from the main site..
> but how i can check if does it work in the right way??
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > If you are using Gazebo 0.8-pre3, then your version of ogre should be
1.5.
> > If you are using Gazebo SVN, then your version of ogre should be 1.6.
> >
> > -nate
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Vladimir <vladimir@fie.uo.edu.cu>
wrote:
> > > Hi. you check your ogre is working???

Jordi Polo Carrés
Still happens with current SVN?? (I just tried and it is working)

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 11:24 AM, HumAnSkid <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have run into the same problem as kusemono. I have confirmed that I am
> running Ogre 1.6 and am trying to install gazebo-svn (checked-out version
> 7021). Have there been any developments/solutions regarding this issue?
> Could it be a video driver issue? I am running a Nvidia GEForce 8600M
> graphics card using Envy to install the Ubuntu-supported drivers. I am
> still
> new to linux and have resorted to the trial-and-error method of
> installing-uninstalling packages using sudo apt-get install as well as
> synaptic, but I have no real understanding of which direction I should head
> with respect to properly installing the Gazebo software. Any support would
> be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
>
> -HumAnSkid
>

> kusemono wrote:
> >
> > could be it the problem ? thanks..
> > ----------
> > Checking for C++ library ltdl... (cached) no
> > Warning: Failed to find ltdl, no plugin support will be included
> > ---------
> > ---------
> > server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc: In static member function 'static void
> > gazebo::OgreCreator::DrawGrid()':
> > server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc:460: error: cannot allocate an object of
> > abstract type 'MovableText'
> > server/rendering/MovableText.hh:36: note:   because the following virtual
> > functions are pure within 'MovableText':
> > /usr/local/include/OGRE/OgreMovableObject.h:485: note:        virtual
> void
> > Ogre::MovableObject::visitRenderables(Ogre::Renderable::Visitor*, bool)
> > server/rendering/OgreCreator.cc:508: error: cannot allocate an object of
> > abstract type 'MovableText'
> > server/rendering/MovableText.hh:36: note:   since type 'MovableText' has
> > pure virtual functions
> > scons: *** [server/rendering/OgreCreator.o] Error 1
> > scons: building terminated because of errors.

Jordi Polo Carres
NLP laboratory - NAIST
http://www.bahasara.org