Error when installing Stage 3.2.2 on Linux Ubuntu 13.04

Error when installing Stage 3.2.2 on Linux Ubuntu 13.04

Jason Ram Rao

Hi everyone,

I have just joined sourceforge community for better communication. Currently, I am facing some problems when comes to installing Stage 3.2.2 on Ubuntu 13.04 with Dell Pentium 4 desktop (64 bit processor)

At this moment, I have successfully installed player 3.0.2 but I have the following error when installing Stage 3.2.2

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/stagebinary.dir/main.o: undefined reference to symbol '_ZN2Fl3runEv'
/usr/bin/ld: note: '_ZN2Fl3runEv' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfltk.so.1.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfltk.so.1.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
make[2]: [libstage/stage] Error 1
make[1]:
[libstage/CMakeFiles/stagebinary.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can someone help me to solve this issue.

Thank you,

Jason Ram

Re: Error when installing Stage 3.2.2 on Linux Ubuntu 13.04

Rich Mattes-2
On 07/23/2013 07:29 AM, Jason Ram Rao wrote:

[...]

Hi Jason,

Please see the patch at http://sourceforge.net/p/playerstage/patches/586/

It should fix your issue.

Re: Error when installing Stage 3.2.2 on Linux Ubuntu 13.04

fung
Hi Rich,

Hello! How's everything?

I also encountered the same error when making
stage-3.2.2 on ubuntu13.10 32bit.

I went to
http://sourceforge.net/p/playerstage/patches/586/

and downloaded

stage-3.2.2.fixdso.patch

the patch seems to be for fedora13.
does it work on unubtu13.10 32 bit version?

And I do not know how to apply the patch.

Your advice is very much appreciated.

Many thanks.
fung Yang

Re: Error when installing Stage 3.2.2 on Linux Ubuntu 13.04

fung
Hi Rich,

Hello! How’s everything?

I figured out how to apply the patch now.
Stage-3.2.2 now compiled to 100% on ubuntu13.10 now

Many thanks,
Fung Yang