Error Subscribing to Gazebo Position2d Interface

Error Subscribing to Gazebo Position2d Interface

Serry
Hi All,
I installed gazebo 0.10.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
I started up gazebo and player. When I run '$ playerv -h localhost' according to the tutorial (http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/wiki/Gazebo:Tutorials:pioneer2dx_moving)
and Select the Devices menu item, then Position2d:0, then Subscribe , I got the error from player :
accepted TCP client 0 on port 6665, fd 9
Error Subscribing to Gazebo Position2d Interface
error opening device file /tmp/gazebo-...-0/position.position_iface_0 : No such file or directory

I list the files in /tmp/gazebo-...-0/ , there are files named 'position.pioneer2dx_model2::position_iface_0'  and 'position.pioneer2dx_model1::position_iface_0' but not 'laser.pioneer2dx_model1::laser_iface_0' as the tutorial said.
Please tell me how did this happen. Thank you in advance.

Sherry

Re: Error Subscribing to Gazebo Position2d Interface

lord1298
This post was updated on .
Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same problem. please some help!

Serry: I working on it. If I find a solution, I let you know.

Serry wrote
[...]

pt523
Hi,

I think I used to face this problem a while ago (can't remember exactly whether it is the same error). I think it is a problem of .cfg file in gazebo 0.10. you have to change things a bit. Please have a look at this one --> http://old.nabble.com/libgazeboplugin-td25149145.html#a26798343

Regards,
Piti

lord1298 wrote