Error: Stage doesn't support interface type 6

Error: Stage doesn't support interface type 6

Dakota Ginn
Hello, my name is Dakota and I am a senior in high school working on a research project required for graduation. I am attempting to make a robot follow a wall until it finds an objective. I'm trying to use a laser to determine when the robot should continue moving forward and when it should start turning. I've been trying to figure this out for a few weeks, but every time I resolve one error another occurs.
The code for the robot in the world file is:
pioneer2dx
(
  name "r0"
  pose [ -6.946 -6.947 0 45.000 ]
  sicklaser( pose [ 0 0 0 0 ] ) \
  localization "gps"
  localization_origin [ 0 0 0 0 ]
)

In the cfg file:
driver
(
  name "stage"
  provides [ "position2d:0" "laser:0" ]
  model "r0"
)
And finally when it is called in the controller (I'm using a python wrapper to code the controller)
l = playerc_laser(c,0)
if l.subscribe(PLAYERC_OPEN_MODE) != 0:
 raise playerc_error_str()

if l.get_geom() != 0:
 raise playerc_error_str()
print 'Laser pose: (%.3f,%.3f,%.3f)' % (l.pose[0],l.pose[1],l.pose[2])

while not objectivefound:
 if c.read() == None:
  raise playerc_error_str()
 if l.scan_count == 0:
  p.set_cmd_vel(2.0,0.0,0.0,1)
 else:
  p.set_cmd_vel(0.0,0.0,20*math.pi/180,1)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm very new and very inexperienced with player/stage, and to graduate from my school I have to do well on this project. Thanks to anyone who can help, and thanks to everyone for your time and consideration.

Alabama School of Fine Arts
1800 Reverend Abraham Woods Jr. Boulevard
Birmingham, AL 35203
T: 205.276.1387

Re: Error: Stage doesn't support interface type 6

Richard Vaughan-2
Stage supports the "ranger" interface, which is a generalization of the old laser and sonar interfaces. All the example code that ships with Stage uses that interface, so you have several examples to look at.

- rtv

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Dakota Ginn <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

T: <a href="tel:205.276.1387" value="+12052761387" target="_blank">205.276.1387

[...]

T: <a href="tel:205.276.1387" value="&#43;12052761387" target="_blank">205.276.1387

Re: Error: Stage doesn't support interface type 6

Fabien R
On 26/02/2014 21:10, Dakota Ginn wrote:

> Hello, my name is Dakota and I am a senior in high school working on a research project required for graduation. I am attempting to make a robot follow a wall until it finds an objective. I'm trying to use a laser to determine when the robot should continue moving forward and when it should start turning. I've been trying to figure this out for a few weeks, but every time I resolve one error another occurs.
> The code for the robot in the world file is:
> pioneer2dx
> (
>   name "r0"
>   pose [ -6.946 -6.947 0 45.000 ]
>   sicklaser( pose [ 0 0 0 0 ] ) \
>   localization "gps"
>   localization_origin [ 0 0 0 0 ]
> )
>
> In the cfg file:
> driver
> (
>   name "stage"
>   provides [ "position2d:0" "laser:0" ]
>   model "r0"
> )

You forgot to post the code corresponding to the definition of your sensor.

-
Fabien

Re: Error: Stage doesn't support interface type 6

Dakota Ginn
Is that included in this definition?
define trickedoutpioneer pioneer2dx
(
        ranger( alwayson 1 )

  sicklaser( pose [0.030 0 0 0 ]  alwayson 1 )

  fiducial( range_max 8 range_max_id 5 alwayson 1 )

  fiducial_return 17
  gripper_return 0

  localization "gps"
  localization_origin [ 0 0 0 0 ]
)
 Dakota Ginn

On 27/02/14 14:54, Dakota Ginn wrote:

> Is that included in this definition?
> define trickedoutpioneer pioneer2dx
> (
> ranger( alwayson 1 )
>
>    sicklaser( pose [0.030 0 0 0 ]  alwayson 1 )
>
>    fiducial( range_max 8 range_max_id 5 alwayson 1 )
>
>    fiducial_return 17
>    gripper_return 0
>
>    localization "gps"
>    localization_origin [ 0 0 0 0 ]
> )
I'm not familiar with this syntax.
I'm used  to the following definitions:

define myrobot position
(
     localization "gps"
   # attaches sensors
   myrobots_laser()
)

And the sensor is defined as following:
# laser is deprecated
# replace with ranger
define myrobots_laser ranger
(
    sensor
    (
     # distances in metres
     range [0 0.25]
     # FOV  in degrees
     fov 20
     # number of ranges measured
     samples 180
     # pose relative to the robot's origin
     pose [0.625 0.125 -0.975 270]
     # cf datasheet
     size [0.025 0.025 0.025]
    )
)

Did you read this tutorial ?
It's related to an older version of player/stage, but it may help.
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/jowen/playerstage-manual.html

-
Fabien

Re: Error: Stage doesn't support interface type 6

Dr. Kevin Nickels
There is also a draft manual/tutorial for Stage 4  (current version) that Jenny and I have been working on.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:10 AM, Fabien R <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 27/02/14 14:54, Dakota Ginn wrote:
> Is that included in this definition?
> define trickedoutpioneer pioneer2dx
> (
>       ranger( alwayson 1 )
>
>    sicklaser( pose [0.030 0 0 0 ]  alwayson 1 )
>
>    fiducial( range_max 8 range_max_id 5 alwayson 1 )
>
>    fiducial_return 17
>    gripper_return 0
>
>    localization "gps"
>    localization_origin [ 0 0 0 0 ]
> )
I'm not familiar with this syntax.
I'm used  to the following definitions:

define myrobot position
(
     localization "gps"
   # attaches sensors
   myrobots_laser()
)

And the sensor is defined as following:
# laser is deprecated
# replace with ranger
define myrobots_laser ranger
(
    sensor
    (
     # distances in metres
     range [0 0.25]
     # FOV  in degrees
     fov 20
     # number of ranges measured
     samples 180
     # pose relative to the robot's origin
     pose [0.625 0.125 -0.975 270]
     # cf datasheet
     size [0.025 0.025 0.025]
    )
)

Did you read this tutorial ?
It's related to an older version of player/stage, but it may help.
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/jowen/playerstage-manual.html

-
Fabien

Kevin Nickels <[hidden email]>
http://www.trinity.edu/knickels 210-999-7543
Associate Professor, Engineering Science, Trinity University
Center for Sciences and Innovation (CSI), Rm 407Q, San Antonio TX 78212-7200