Debug messages?

Kefei Zeng

I'm trying to figure out why my .world exits with a SegFault every time I run playerv. Is there a setting like --verbose in Gazebo that displays Player debug messages and hopefully locate where things went wrong?

Re: Debug messages?

Rich Mattes-2
On 11/17/2014 03:39 PM, Kefei Zeng wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out why my .world exits with a SegFault every time
> I run playerv. Is there a setting like --verbose in Gazebo that displays
> Player debug messages and hopefully locate where things went wrong?

There's a -d flag you can set on the command line to set the debug
message level, for Player, but it's not always that useful.

It might be better to try to fire up the segfaulting process with gdb,
and then figuring out where the crash occurs[1].

You can post what you find to the list or to the bug tracker.

Rich

http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/wiki/Debugging_with_GDB