Bounds limit in Stage?

Julian Hoare
Hi all,

I am attempting to test my robot in a large indoor environment in stage, so
I have used the Hospital bitmap included in the package.

I am not sure if I have set up my world file correctly or whether there is
an error in stage when processing laser data outside of a certain range from
the start location.  As can be seen from the screenshot, my robot is
currently on this boundary.  The walls to the right of the robot are
detected by the laser, but not on the left hand side.

As I said, it might be my world file, so here it is below..

# Desc: 1 wheelchiar robot with laser

# defines WheelChair-like robots
include "chair.inc"

# defines 'map' object used for floorplans
include "map.inc"

# set the size of a pixel in meters
resolution 0.03

# configure the GUI window
window
(
  size [ 800.000 800.000 ]
  center [0.221 -0.005]
  scale 0.050
)

# load an environment bitmap
map
(
  bitmap "bitmaps/hospital_section.png"
  size [130 60]
  #boundary 1
)

# create a robot
chair2dx
(
  name "robot"
  pose [4.250 -2.800 0.000]
  laser(
  samples 181
        pose [0.550 0.000 0.000]
  )
)

Cheers.

Screenshot-1.png (34K) Download Attachment

Re: Bounds limit in Stage?

Richard vaughan

You need to set the top-level "size" property to be at least as large
as the hospital bitmap.

e.g.:

size [ 130 60 ]

map