Attach body to static body in Gazebo

Rein Appeldoorn
Hi,

I'm working on a simulation of an autonomous footballtable. In my simulation, the table can be static and only the rods need to move.

I'm looking for the ability to attach joints to a static body. As far as I know, I can only attach bodies to bodies of the same model via a joint and it's only possible for a model to be static. So I can't connect a body to something static. Is there a possibility to do this, make a joint between a static body and a non-static body? Or just attach the joint to an axis?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rein

- Gazebo 0.10.0