Any news on "playerc_client_read"?

Kefei Zeng

Not sure if the maintainers are extremely busy or something, but it's been at least a week since I submitted my question regarding why playerc_client_read isn't working. I'm curious as to the status of the question I asked.

Re: Any news on "playerc_client_read"?

Rich Mattes-2
On 12/01/2014 01:10 PM, Kefei Zeng wrote:
> Not sure if the maintainers are extremely busy or something, but it's
> been at least a week since I submitted my question regarding why
> playerc_client_read isn't working. I'm curious as to the status of the
> question I asked.

I launched the simple.cfg config file that comes with stage, and the
example program that you linked to does indeed print the correct
positions and velocities (after changing set_speed to cmd_vel as you
noted.)  What config and world files are you using?

Re: Any news on "playerc_client_read"?

Kefei Zeng
>On 12/01/2014 01:10 PM, Kefei Zeng wrote:
>> Not sure if the maintainers are extremely busy or something, but it's
>> been at least a week since I submitted my question regarding why
>> playerc_client_read isn't working. I'm curious as to the status of the
>> question I asked.
>>
>I launched the simple.cfg config file that comes with stage, and the
>example program that you linked to does indeed print the correct
>positions and velocities (after changing set_speed to cmd_vel as you
>noted.)  What config and world files are you using?
>
>Rich

The config and world files I'm using are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrvq0ujgnj8navq/for_mailing_list.zip?dl=0. Also, did you use the simple.cfg file from ~/Stage-master/worlds? I still got zeros when I ran my sample code along with that particular simple.cfg file. Do I need to move them into the same directory? If it helps, here is a list of Player/Stage-related simple.cfg files on my computer:

/home/peter/Stage-master/worlds/simple.cfg
/home/peter/Stage-master/worlds/wifi/wifi_simple.cfg
/home/peter/playersrc/config/simple.cfg
/usr/local/share/player/config/simple.cfg
/usr/local/share/stage/worlds/simple.cfg
/usr/share/player/config/simple.cfg

Thank you very much for your help with both this and the Gazebo-Player problem. Sorry if I sound like I was in a rush in my previous messages. I wasn't aware of SourceForge being down for the past few days.

Re: Any news on "playerc_client_read"?

Kefei Zeng

I've included a link to the program I used just in case Mr. Mattes needs it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve6oqg0zumj107k/position_tracker.c?dl=0

On 12/04/2014 04:50 PM, Kefei Zeng wrote:

>>On 12/01/2014 01:10 PM, Kefei Zeng wrote:
>>> Not sure if the maintainers are extremely busy or something, but it's
>>> been at least a week since I submitted my question regarding why
>>> playerc_client_read isn't working. I'm curious as to the status of the
>>> question I asked.
>>>
>>I launched the simple.cfg config file that comes with stage, and the
>>example program that you linked to does indeed print the correct
>>positions and velocities (after changing set_speed to cmd_vel as you
>>noted.)  What config and world files are you using?
>>
>>Rich
>
> The config and world files I'm using are here:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrvq0ujgnj8navq/for_mailing_list.zip?dl=0.
> Also, did you use the simple.cfg file from ~/Stage-master/worlds? I
> still got zeros when I ran my sample code along with that particular
> simple.cfg file. Do I need to move them into the same directory? If it
> helps, here is a list of Player/Stage-related simple.cfg files on my
> computer:

Yeah, I'm using simple.cfg and simple.world that comes with Stage in the
"worlds" directory.  I compiled and ran position_tracker.c that you sent
in the other message, and I'm getting output that matches the robot's
pose in the environment.  I'm running:
   player path/to/stage/worlds/simple.cfg
which launches player and stage, and then I run position_tracker, and
the output tracks the robot moving around in the stage simulation.

I looked at the cfg and world files you sent.  I can't run them because
the .inc files are missing, but right off the bat it looks like the
"plugin" you're using in the stage driver block is incorrect.  You
should be using "stageplugin" to run Stage from player.  I'm not sure
how it's working without that.