Animations in Gazebo

Leonardo Scandolo
Hello,
I'm trying to build a planning algorithm test scenario in gazebo, and I
would like to have humans in the simulation. Their actual physical
representation is not important but it would be nice to be able to display
an actual moving human model, not just a static mesh. I wasn't able to find
any information in gazebo pertaining this, or any kind of animation, and
building an actual human model (joints and all) is a bit cumbersome since it
is not my main aim. So basically my question is: is there any way to have an
animation as a visual representation of a simple object (box, cylinder,
etc.) in gazebo? Or maybe there's a humanoid robot model somewhere I could
use?

Leonardo Scandolo

Re: Animations in Gazebo

This is something that I've been meaning to do, but unfortunately it's
not done yet.
If you'd like to take a stab at it, I could guide you.

-nate