Actarray controller problem

reinzor
Hi,

I's working on a project with player and gazebo. My Gazebo-models are already set up and now I want to controll the joints of my models. In my model, there are 16 joints that I want to move; therefore I would like to use the generic actuator array controller. When I set-up the controller like this:

"<controller:generic_actarray name="rod_hinge_controller" n_actors="16">
        <joint name="rodred5_hinge">
                <torque>200</torque>
                <gain>1</gain>
        </joint>
        ...etc
        <interface:actarray name="rod_hinge_iface"/>
</controller:generic_actarray>"

The model starts acting really weird and bounces away. Even when I do this with a single hinge, just a stator and a rotor, the same thing happens. Does anybody know how I can get this to work or is my approach totally wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rein

- Gazebo 0.10.0
- Player v.3.0.2
- Linux 10.04 LTS

Re: Actarray controller problem

Rein Appeldoorn
For some reason, the Gazebo version was the issue. I just installed
0.9 and it works fine.

Regards,

Rein

On 18 May 2011, at 15:37, reinzor <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I's working on a project with player and gazebo. My Gazebo-models are
> already set up and now I want to controll the joints of my models.
> In my
> model, there are 16 joints that I want to move; therefore I would
> like to
> use the generic actuator array controller. When I set-up the
> controller like
> this:
>
> "<controller:generic_actarray name="rod_hinge_controller"
> n_actors="16">
>    <joint name="rodred5_hinge">
>        <torque>200</torque>
>        <gain>1</gain>
>    </joint>
>    ...etc
>    <interface:actarray name="rod_hinge_iface"/>
> </controller:generic_actarray>"
>
> The model starts acting really weird and bounces away. Even when I
> do this
> with a single hinge, just a stator and a rotor, the same thing
> happens. Does
> anybody know how I can get this to work or is my approach totally
> wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
>
> Rein
>
> - Gazebo 0.10.0
> - Player v.3.0.2
> - Linux 10.04 LTS
>

> ---
> ---
> ---

Re: Actarray controller problem

John Hsu-2

have you tried the following for stabilizing physics simulations in general?

   - decrease time step size
   - decrease gains
   - decrease torque

with gain = 0, you should recover the behavior of the model without the
actarray, in theory...

John

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 6:37 AM, reinzor <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I's working on a project with player and gazebo. My Gazebo-models are
> already set up and now I want to controll the joints of my models. In my
> model, there are 16 joints that I want to move; therefore I would like to
> use the generic actuator array controller. When I set-up the controller
> like
> this:
>
> "<controller:generic_actarray name="rod_hinge_controller" n_actors="16">
>        <joint name="rodred5_hinge">
>                <torque>200</torque>
>                <gain>1</gain>
>        </joint>
>        ...etc
>        <interface:actarray name="rod_hinge_iface"/>
> </controller:generic_actarray>"
>
> The model starts acting really weird and bounces away. Even when I do this
> with a single hinge, just a stator and a rotor, the same thing happens.
> Does
> anybody know how I can get this to work or is my approach totally wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
>
> Rein
>
> - Gazebo 0.10.0
> - Player v.3.0.2
> - Linux 10.04 LTS

John Hsu, Ph.D.
Senior Research Engineer
Willow Garage Inc.
+1-650-475-2809

Re: Actarray controller problem

Rein Appeldoorn
Hi,

Yes, I tried all of that but nothing fixed the weird behavior. Now, when I'm
on 0.9, it works fine. Perhaps my installation of 0.10 was wrong but the
other elements of gazebo seemed to work fine.

Rein