Actarray Controller problem

Rein Appeldoorn
Hi,

I'm working on a project with player and gazebo. My Gazebo-models are already set up and now I want to control the joints of my models. In my model, there are 8 joints (hinges) that I want to move; therefore I would like to use the generic actuator array controller. When I set-up the joints like this:

"<joint:hinge name="hinge1">
            <body2>static_body</body2>
            <body1>turner_body</body1>
            <anchor>turner_body</anchor>
            <anchorOffset>0 0 0</anchorOffset>
            <axis>1 0 0</axis>
   </joint:hinge>"

And the controller like this:

"<controller:generic_actarray name="rod_hinge_controller">
        <joint name="hinge1">
                <torque>200</torque>
                <gain>1</gain>
        </joint>
        ...etc
        <interface:actarray name="rod_hinge_iface"/>
</controller:generic_actarray>" controlle

The model starts acting really weird and bounces away. Even when I do this with a single hinge, just a stator and a rotor, the same thing happens. Does anybody know how I can get this to work or is my approach totally wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rein

- Gazebo 0.10.0