Ackerman Drive...

Puneet Singh
i want to creat a model with Ackerman Drive( 4- wheel Drive) with 2 sonars placed in the center and 180 dgree apart...can any one tell me how can this be done using a player/stage simultor.

Re: Ackerman Drive...

Reed Hedges-2

Stage currently supports two kinds of drive systems: differential 2-wheel drive,
and generic omnidirectional.  You can use the omnidirectional drive, by saying
"drive "omni"" in your model definition in the world file to drive the robot at
a high level if you just want to move it around without worying about how to
drive the Ackerman, or you could implement a new kind of "position" device in
Stage that uses the results of several "motor" devices (in turn driven by
several Player motor device interfaces) to determine how to move the robot.

Placing the sonar is easy, see the example world files for how to specify the
position of each (in stage they are "ranger" devices).

Reed